Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 10, 2013

ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB71 13.3-Inch Discounts

Lousy Asus Customer Service (Seattle, WA United States) :
I used to buy Asus productsd all the time. I recently bought a Zenbook. Great computer, until the power socket went bad. It took two weeks for them to get back to me with an RMA number. Had to pay for shipping, then the service center sent me an email saying they wanted me to pay for shipping back. Got it back, but had other problems. 6 weeks later, I have been able to use it for less than two of them. Their only answer is "Call and get an RMA and send it back for repair. They won't refund or replace it or send me a temporary to use.
I will never buy Asus again.

HJR (America) :
Was excited to unpack this unit. Boot up was quick, but immediately noted difficulty with wi-fi receiver dropping signal from the wireless router. This happen both close-up and away from the router, both places where other wi-fi equipped units we own have no difficulty at all. I think Asus got a bad batch of wi-fi antenna/receiver chips. My was a reconditioned unit. Want to bet that it was returned due to the wi-fi problems? So...I'm sending it back for credit. I'll give the ACER S5 a shot next, hoping to have better luck the next go around.

Kwok Ng (San Jose, CA United States) :
My wife's company stopped supporting the VPN for Mac. I need to buy her a Windows laptop just like her MacBook Air. After doing the research on ultra books, ASUS UX31A and Dell XPS 13 are the two final candidates. I selected UX31A over XPS 13 because it has the built-in SD card reader and 1920 x 1080 resolution. I was trying to buy the UX31A-DB52 because it has 256 SSD and Windows 7 Professional. Unfortunately, ASUS still cannot build enough to satisfy the demands, so I bought the DB51 which has a 128 SSD and Windows 7 Home instead. Of course, it is $200 cheaper. The laptop is very solid. It does not look and feel cheap. At first, I felt the Internet browsing was slow. It always stalls few seconds before displaying a page. After I disabled the McAfee Internet Security, the web pages are loaded very fast. I finally uninstalled the McAfee software. I really do not know what ASUS is thinking. They installed this software to slow down the browser. Some people may think it is a hardware problem, and return the laptop. The only complaint I'd have, so far, is the touchpad, but it is not that bad. I think I am just so used to the MacBook's touchpad. Even DB51 has the i5 CPU, the SSD drive seems fast enough to compromise the slowness from the CPU. For the price, I think it is a good buy.

2 nhận xét: